Title: Early Childhood Principal (Grades K4-2nd)
Employee Status: Exempt
Contract/Agreement Period: 12 months
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Lower School Principal
• Must be a mature evangelical Christian who agrees with the school’s Statement of
Faith and whose lifestyle is consistent with the school’s Declaration of Moral
• Must be a member in good standing of a local evangelical church. Senior
management positions require joining Briarwood Presbyterian Church.
• Must be able to articulate a deep understanding of a biblically informed
philosophy of Christian education.
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a minimum of an earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
• Should have demonstrated experience in working effectively on teams of Christian
professionals in meeting high academic and spiritual standards and goals.
Scope of Responsibilities:
• Working with the Superintendent and Lower School Principal to oversee and
develop the Early Childhood school academic and instructional programs
including the After School Care program.
• Work with the Superintendent and Lower School Principal in developing,
enhancing, and implementing the school’s K4-2nd grade academic programs,
curriculum, and the quality of faculty instruction.
• Supervise, direct, and evaluate early childhood programs, faculty, and staff.
• Orients new parents, students, and staff to school programs, philosophy,
organizational patterns, policies and procedures.
• Work with the Superintendent and Lower School Principal in the development of
short and long-range professional development programs for the early
• Working with the Lower School Principal, interviews prospective K4-6th grade
teachers and other staff. Makes hiring contract renewal recommendations to
• Responsible for early childhood parent, student affairs, and communications.
• Works with the Superintendent and Lower School Principal in the development of
new academic policies and programs for the Early Childhood school.
• Work with the Superintendent, principals, and Director of Curriculum in evaluating
and establishing academic standards, sequencing and mapping the curriculum,
and in improving student assessment.
• Advise the Superintendent and Lower School Principal of instructional personnel
matters for the Early Childhood School
• Working with the Superintendent and Lower School Principal, determines the
scheduling of courses/classes and recommends the addition of new courses.
• Handle Early Childhood School disciplinary matters, attendance, and chapels.
• Work with the Director of Technology Services in maintaining RenWeb and
ensuring that information is timely and accurate for the Early Childhood School
• Oversee and coordinate activities, programs, and events for the Early Childhood
School and coordinate these activities, programs, and events with other
administrators, staff, school organizations, and church staff as needed.
• Completes state and/or federal forms, reports, surveys, etc., for the Early
• Such other job related duties as may be assigned.
Spiritual and Lifestyle Requirements:
Briarwood Christian employees are to conduct themselves in private and in public
consistent with the doctrinal and lifestyle standards of Briarwood Presbyterian Church,
Briarwood Christian School and as stated in church and school contracts, agreements,
and handbooks and manuals.
Briarwood Christian School is a Christian ministry of Briarwood Presbyterian Church
representing Jesus Christ throughout the local community. As a ministry of Briarwood
Presbyterian Church, BCS employees are called to minister to students and parents.
Because every subject is integrated with biblical truth, there is no secular/sacred
division in the work that teachers and school staff perform. Consequently, Briarwood
Christian School requires its employees to be born-again Christians who live their lives
as Christian role models and to integrate biblical truth in everything they teach and do.
Employees will conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding
their Christian testimonies. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of
integrity and of appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct, and
moral behavior. An employee is expected to demonstrate a teachable spirit, an ability
to share love for others, and a willingness to live contentedly under authority.
Briarwood Christian School expects all of its employees and volunteers to model the
same Christian values and lifestyle that it seeks to inculcate in its students. Employees
must be able to declare (a) that they have not engaged in, (b) that they are not
engaging in, (c) that they will not engage in, and d) that they will not condone or
advocate in personal, teaching or professional standards during the term of their
employment or volunteering: any marriage relationship, civil union, or other union
replicating marriage, other than between one man and one woman, or inappropriate
sexual conduct. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, such behaviors
as the following: heterosexual activity outside of marriage (e.g., premarital sex,
cohabitation, extramarital sex), homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning
(one’s gender or sexual orientation), other aberrant sexual activity or other sexual
misconduct, sexual harassment, use or viewing of pornographic material or websites,
and sexual abuse or improprieties toward minors as defined by Scripture and federal or
state law. They must understand and agree that this position is firmly rooted in the
inerrant and infallible Word of God as expressed in the Scriptures of the Old and New
Testaments. Example applicable verses include but are not limited to Hebrews 13:4;
Luke 6:40; Romans 1:21–27; Romans 10:9–10; I Timothy 4:12, and 1 Corinthians 6:9–