Title: Upper School Facilities Assistant
Contract/Agreement Period: 12 months, Full-Time
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Facilities Manager
To apply, please complete and submit the Non-Academic Employment Application listed under Application Forms.
- Must be a mature evangelical Christian who agrees with the school’s Statement of Faith and whose lifestyle is consistent with the school’s Declaration of Moral Integrity
- Must be a member in good standing of a local evangelical church
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Alabama driver’s license
- Related maintenance experience
- Working knowledge of tools, materials and methods to safely perform the work required
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform semi-skilled maintenance tasks and repairs
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Ability to observe and report needs for maintenance and supplies
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds or other equipment
- Ability to move furniture, supplies and materials
- Physical dexterity, mobility and strength to perform the essential functions of the job
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Ensures that school facilities are kept in good repair and working order by performing manual and semi-skilled job tasks in the maintenance of the school’s facilities.
- Reports to the Facilities Manager to receive daily assignments.
- Perform semi-skilled carpentry tasks and repairs.
- Perform minor electrical and plumbing tasks and repairs.
- Paint and perform touch-up painting and drywall repairs.
- Examine building and grounds on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Perform minor roofing repairs.
- Make adjustments and/or repairs to HVAC equipment.
- Assist with custodial duties as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Spiritual and Lifestyle Requirements:
Briarwood Christian employees are to conduct themselves in private and in public consistent with the doctrinal and lifestyle standards of Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Briarwood Christian School and as stated in church and school contracts, agreements, and handbooks and manuals.
Briarwood Christian School is a Christian ministry of Briarwood Presbyterian Church representing Jesus Christ throughout the local community. As a ministry of Briarwood Presbyterian Church, BCS employees are called to minister to students and parents. Because every subject is integrated with biblical truth, there is no secular/sacred division in the work that teachers and school staff perform. Consequently, Briarwood Christian School requires its employees to be born-again Christians who live their lives as Christian role models and to integrate biblical truth in everything they teach and do. Employees will conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimonies. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of integrity and of appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct, and moral behavior. An employee is expected to demonstrate a teachable spirit, an ability to share love for others, and a willingness to live contentedly under authority.
Briarwood Christian School expects all of its employees and volunteers to model the same Christian values and lifestyle that it seeks to inculcate in its students. Employees must be able to declare (a) that they have not engaged in, (b) that they are not engaging in, (c) that they will not engage in, and d) that they will not condone or advocate in personal, teaching or professional standards during the term of their employment or volunteering: any marriage relationship, civil union, or other union replicating marriage, other than between one man and one woman, or inappropriate sexual conduct. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, such behaviors as the following: heterosexual activity outside of marriage (e.g., premarital sex, cohabitation, extramarital sex), homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning (one’s gender or sexual orientation), other aberrant sexual activity or other sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, use or viewing of pornographic material or websites, and sexual abuse or improprieties toward minors as defined by Scripture and federal or state law. They must understand and agree that this position is firmly rooted in the inerrant and infallible Word of God as expressed in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. Example applicable verses include but are not limited to Hebrews 13:4; Luke 6:40; Romans 1:21–27; Romans 10:9–10; I Timothy 4:12, and 1 Corinthians 6:9–20.