“Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!” 1 Chronicles 16:24, ESV
Outreach and Service are vital parts of the BCS Experience!
- Lower School students donate supplies and raise funds for local and international ministries.
- In the Upper School, outreach and service are varied.
- Junior High students serve the community and churches throughout the Birmingham metro-area.
- Both Junior High (8th grade) and High School students have the opportunity to serve the Lincoln community in Huntsville through our partnership with Lincoln Village Ministry.
- Every High School student serves the community as part of their Bible class. Over 8,000 hours are served within the school year.
- Briarwood Christian School Student Missions (BCSSM) began in 2001 and serves both nationally and internationally. Through 2018, God has used this ministry as an active agent of redemption as He makes “all things new,” and we have seen over 2000 people come to faith in Christ through this ministry. God, by His grace, continues to bless this ministry in new ways each year as we declare His glory among the nations. Pray that His hand would continue to be upon us and this ministry as we pursue Him, wherever He would lead.
Please click here to see the BCSSM Summary report from 2001-2017 and read on to learn more about the international ministry of BCSSM.
2018 was our first year to take a team of students to Haiti, where we partner with Tony and Mickie West of But God Ministries in the village of Galette Chambon. Our team served in a variety of ministries including construction, medical, dental, leadership training, and economic development, all in support of long-term missionaries who are seeking to build a sustainable community in which the Gospel abounds.
This year’s team had an amazing experience as they built relationships with the Haitian people through which the Gospel could be shared, developed a greater love and appreciation for one another, and deepened in their faith as they pursued God among the nations. We look forward to returning to Haiti in 2019.
This was also our first year to take a team to Panama, where we served alongside David and Marianella Bueno, our partners with SCORE International in Panama City, Panama. Ministry opportunities took our team all over the city, up the rivers and through the jungles of Panama as they served the homeless on the streets, students in the schools, and the indigenous peoples in the jungles of Panama.
God not only did some great things through this team as they worked to further the ongoing ministry of the Bueno family, but He also did some great things within the team as they saw Gospel truths come to life before their eyes, were pushed beyond their own limits and learned to depend on God, and experienced the unifying power of God as He broke down the walls that divide and brought a team together to accomplish a purpose greater than themselves. Returning home was bittersweet for the entire team, but they are looking forward to returning next year.
2018 marked our 12th year serving in Managua, Nicaragua and the surrounding communities with our national partner, Pastor Daniel Aragon. In Nicaragua, our team uses Managua as a home base, but travels all over the surrounding areas serving within a network of churches and schools. This year’s team participated in sports, children’s, vision, medical, teacher training, evangelism ministries, and more! Through our time in Nicaragua we have seen God use our teams to transform communities and lives for the sake of the Gospel. This year was no different as the team saw many people come to faith in Christ and witnessed God transform their own hearts as well.
In May of 2018 we will take our 14th trip to Guatemala where we partner with a local school in the highlands of this beautiful country. We will be engaging in a variety of ministry opportunities including medical, dental, vision, children’s ministry and more. We look forward to visiting with the friends we have made over the years and to serving with them to continue to meet the needs of their community and to share the light of the Gospel.
For further information about BCSSM or to learn more about how you can join one of our mission teams, contact Mr. Bryan White at firstname.lastname@example.org.